From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quickest/easiest Gentoo install?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 03:50:53
1 On 7/7/20 10:54 PM, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2020-07-07 at 18:18 -0400, james wrote:
3 >> So who do folks recommend for mail server services?
4 >
5 > If you want to pay someone to host mail for you, I can vouch for
6 > Mailfence.
7
8 I have a proton mail account, the free one, very basic. Inquiring about
9 upgrading to a paid (backup account). BUT that $2.50/mo. does look
10 attractive at mailfence,
13 https://protonmail.com/pricing
16 >> Time to set up my own mail server (what I prefer to do).
17 >
18 > Or if you want to go this route, here's the Gentoo-centric answer:
19 >
20 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Simple_mail_server_with_webmail
21
22 Yes that guide looks cool. I can always continue to add features and
23 codes as I get my own mail server setup, tune and inclusive of what I
24 want. (postfix)!
25
26 Will this guide allow thunderbird and other complex apps
27 to send/receive mail from the postfix server, (thunderbird) ?
30 I've decided to get 5 statics and set up a postfix mail and (2) dns
31 servers and a webserver, just for kicks. I've been toying around. It'll
32 only cost me @25/mo for (5) static IPs. And finally, I can do what I
33 want, again.....
36 Eventually, when the 16G Rasp-pi are set up, I'll want to move the DNS,
37 postfix (et al) server and web server to all onto the Rpi4-16Gig ram boards.