From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Experiences with ATI Radeon HD 4250 video card?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:07:27
1 on 12/21/2010 01:15 AM Walter Dnes wrote the following:
2 > I'm looking for a Boxing-Day gift for myself. The local Walmart shows
3 > an interesting 17" Acer laptop at...
4 > http://www.walmart.ca/Electronics/Computers/Laptops/17quot-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-AS7551-3029-173-Notebook
5 >
6 > Reading the specs, it does not seem to be cutting corners, low price
7 > notwithstanding. As usual, my main concern is the video chip, and
8 > Gentoo support (or lack thereof?). If it can be made to work under
9 > Gentoo without trouble, I'm very interested. Anyone hear one way or the
10 > other about linux, especially Gentoo, compatability?
11 I would recommend a laptop with a graphics card from a vendor, whose
12 name starts with nv... and ends with ...idia(*) O:-)
13 *and* make sure it has adequate ventilation for cooling (reviews should
14 help).
15 (*)It would save you from a lot of trouble with support for 3D drivers
16 ... 8-)