From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:04:45
1 At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:09:15 -0800 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 12/15/2009 11:11 AM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> It seems to me that this mouse sends two button events for some of the
5 >> "physical buttons". For example moving the wheel to the left reports
6 >> button press 13
7 >> button press 6
8 >> ...
9 >> Identifier "Logitech MX1000"
10 >
11 > To clarify a bit, what program are you using to identify the mouse events?
12 >
13 > I looked up the Logitech MX 1000 on amazon.com, and the photos show only
14 > one wheel, which is front-to-back, not left-to-right. Am I getting this
15 > wrong?
16
17 I used xev and also looked at emac's "view lossage".
18 The wheel rotates front-to-back, but can be pushed left or right.
19
20 If you look at the amazon page you can sort of see the left and right
21 arrows.
22
23 Thanks for any help you can give.
24 allan