From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Just when is portage/bashrc sourced?
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 17:07:40
1 On 2017-11-24 08:32, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > Package P bypasses applying user patches (by not calling
4 > > default_src_prepare). I have patches I need to apply to P, and in
5 > > this case I really don't want to fork the ebuild. So, I'm hell bent
6 > > on doing it the hacky way with /etc/portage/bashrc (which, IIRC, I
7 > > have been told on this list not to do, but now I don't have much
8 > > choice).
9 >
10 > You do have a choice, use /etc/portage/env. here's one I have to patch
11 > a specific version of a package
12 >
13 > % cat env/app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.3
14 > post_src_unpack() {
15 > cd "${S}"
16 > epatch_user
17 > }
18
19 Again IIRC, when I tried using env for a similar purpose, it didn't work
20 at all, it seemed the only things valid in those files were variable
21 assignments. If possible, I would of course much prefer this way, as is
22 avoids an ugly switch on the package name.
23
24 Do you know what I could've been doing wrong? I think I brought it up
25 on the list, I'll try to dig up the thread.
28 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
29 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
30 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.