From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:43:16
1 On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:13:02 +0800, wdk@moriah wrote:
2
3 > Have two here - disk less atoms as mythtv front ends - seems a common
4 > use case in the mythtv world. And another advantage is they sidestep
5 > the whole /user mess :)
6
7 I've tried that in the past. Now I use the internal disk on the Acer
8 Aspire Revo. They are inaudible when mounted behind the TV and less
9 complex than messing with PXE. Once the frontend is loaded, the disk can
10 go to sleep anyway, it's hardly needed after that.
11