From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re:MD5SUM
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:18:33
1 On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 22:01:09 +0800, Guido Budack wrote:
2
3 > >dev/null... grmpf... :-/
4
5 It was 2>/dev/null, to get rid of all the irrelevant complaints about
6 missing files. Have you actually tried running md5sum -c on the DIGESTS
7 file instead of the ISO?
8
9 > I just can say that the filesize is the same and as reported already
10 > before and that my hashing wasn't successful in contrast to on other
11 > files. I was just curious if probably someone has similar problems AND
12 > I saw it as some sort of a duty to report it to the community.
13
14 It seems to be only you that is affected. I wonder if it could be to do
15 with your use of --continue? Even a single bit changed at the point of a
16 restart would cause what you are seeing.
17
18 Have you tried another mirror?
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System