From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Any way to get real text console without killing X capability?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 00:14:51
1 On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 09:31:48PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote
2 > On 02/05/2011 08:00 PM, Mick wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Just try video=1024x768 (or whatever your desired resolution is)
5 > > on the kernel line and it should just work.
6 >
7 > Unfortunately, it doesn't.
8
9 Actually, it does, "video=640x480" in my case. The weird part is that
10 the equivalant "VGA=6" option no longer works, which is what got me to
11 start this thread in the first place. I had simply assumed that they
12 were identical, and if one doesn't work, neither does the other.
13
14 Note that this is just for text consoles, X remains at 1920x1200 for
15 me. Of course, the monitor has to support whatever text console
16 resolution you ask for.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>