From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers stopped working
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 18:00:02
1 A few days ago I ran my updates and nvidia-settings was updated to
2 1.0.20070302 All was good until last night. I openen konqueror to browse my
3 home dir and I got a mime-type error and no files displayed. Trying to do
4 konqueror /home/ernie gave me errors that I can't quote but mime types was
5 mentioned again. Assuming that something was just hung up I did top which
6 showed X using 95% cpu Killing java_vm, firefox, kmail and any suspected cpu
7 hogs had no effect so I killed X and attempted to restart it. I got the
8 dreaded "no screens found" error. Nothing in the logs was any more
9 enlightening and a look at xorg.conf showed no recent changes that I could
10 identify. I changed my driver in xorg.conf to "nv" from "nvidia" and X runs,
11 slow as hell but it runs.
12 nvidia-drivers is currently at 100.14.09. I need advice getting this straight.
13 Is there a file where nvidia-settings keeps config data other than xorg.conf?
14 should I update to the masked nvidia-drivers-100.14.11 ?
15 --
16 Regards, Ernie
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list