From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg confusion and no glxinfo
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:29:54
1 Hi All,
2
3 I cleared out some xorg related packages at some point because my machine will
4 not shutdown without a kernel oops when it is trying to unload the radeon
5 driver. It now seems I can no longer find glxgears/info. What have I
6 removed that I shouldn't have?
7
8 I remember unmerging xorg-x11 (there was advice in this list that this is not
9 needed when using Fluxbox or other lightweight window managers).
10
11 When I moved to x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r* I also unmerged
12 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati. I recall concluding at the time that the new
13 xorg-server did not need such an external driver - is that right?
14
15 I have set radeon as the video card in my /etc/make.conf, but Xorg.0.log shows
16 ati_drv.so - should it be so?
17
18 # less /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep driver
19 X.Org XInput driver : 2.1
20 (==) Matched ati for the autoconfigured driver
21 New driver is "ati"
22 (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//ati_drv.so
23 (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeon_drv.so
24 (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_texture_from_pixmap with driver support
25
26 # lsmod | grep radeon
27 radeon 145696 2
28 drm 141892 3 radeon