From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} which fs on 1.8TB partition
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 18:12:08
1 On 5 October 2017 22:45:50 GMT+02:00, christos kotsis <christo.kotsi@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >I just noticed that ReiserFS has significant performance over ext3, 4
3 >when
4 >dealing with small files.
5 >
6 >On 5 Oct 2017 11:32 pm, "christos kotsis" <christo.kotsi@×××××.com>
7 >wrote:
8 >
9 >If the big data are used often,and I/O performance is desirable, then I
10 >would go for two partitions.
11 >One would be either ext3 or ext4, with huge block size, while the
12 >second
13 >could be one of two with small block size(minimum 1024).