From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel ricing
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 06:39:36
1 On 24/10/2013 19:36, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-10-24 1:03 PM, Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm not positive of it's architecture, but for 20 months I had a Samsung
4 >> Galaxy S running Android. This was by far the biggest POS I ever
5 >> owned. From
6 >> the first week it spontaneously rebooted, hung, and the performance was
7 >> horrible when it did run.
8 >>
9 >> I've since switched to an iPhone 4S, now running iOS 7.0.2. It Just
10 >> Works (TM)
11 >
12 > Oh, please, spare me the ridiculous apple fanboi crap-crud.
13 >
14 > Just because you got a phone that was bad, and didn't bother to get it
15 > replaced, doesn't make all Galaxy S4 phones as bad as yours.
16 >
17 > I'll tell you this, my Nexus 4 is absolutely rock-solid, and screaming
18 > fast, but that doesn't mean iPhones suck.
22 Phones are like cars in that almost no-one makes a bad one anymore.
23
24 Pick a smart phone, any smart phone, and I can almost assure you that in
25 this vast cavern of a room where I work I will find 3 people within an
26 hour who have or had that phone. The last smart phone model that had a
27 serious defect that applied across the range was the iPhone that had
28 antenna problems.
29
30 Since then everyone's shit just works for the most part like it was
31 designed to. Even the Windows 8 thingy from Nokia. It does what it says
32 on the box.
33
34 Yes, software bugs exist such as Apple's maps but that's not phone
35 design, that's bad data fed into a db that an app uses
36
37 These days the most relible way to pick a phone that will work for you
38 is the one that a) runs the software you like if you care about such
39 things and b) feels nice in your hand and fits in your pocket
42 Alan McKinnon
43 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com