From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistent ulimit for daemons
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 05:54:49
1 On Wednesday, August 01, 2012 10:41:41 AM Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Is there a blessed method these days for setting the ulimit per-daemon?
3 >
4 > The best I've been able to do is a global setting in /etc/rc.conf:
5 >
6 > rc_ulimit="-s 1048576"
7 >
8 > The entries under /etc/security seem to be ignored when using
9 > `/etc/init.d/foo start`.
10
11 Michael,
12
13 I had to change the "nofiles" ulimit setting for my webserver. For that, I
14 simply added the settings to the following file:
15
16 # cat /etc/security/limits.conf | grep apache
17 apache hard nofile 4096
18 apache soft nofile 4096
19
20 I would expect the same to work for any other daemon?
21
22 HTH,
23
24 Joost