From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:04:35
1 090929 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > I also have a huuuge list of KDE bugs, but I am still at 4.2
3 > and I hope at least some of them have been fixed already.
4 > But I will wait with the update until I have some time,
5 > because normally I need my PC with KDE running
6 > and I fear something will go wrong while updating.
7
8 KDE 4.3.1 is an enormous improvement over 4.2.1 :
9 the apps are stable & basic functions are available.
11 they tend to be "We haven't got there yet but are working on it"
12 rather than "Forget it, get used to it, it's been dropped".
13 The one exception is Konsole, which is a shadow of 3.5.10 ,
14 so that I've adopted Xterm & the Xfce Terminal for some jobs.
15 NB I am not using the desktop, which I haven't installed,
16 but such apps as Gwenview, Okular, Konqueror, games;
17 I found Fluxbox even better for my needs that the KDE 3.5.10 desktop.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca