From: Rafael Barrera Oro <borafael@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on the server side
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:15:56
1 First of all, thanks to everybody for sharing your experiences, very
2 helpful information indeed, specially now that i need some guidance.
3 For now, the conclusion i can reach is that Gentoo is perfectly adequate
4 to use on a server with the only downside of the need to have special care
5 with updates.
6 Ricardo, i find really encouraging the fact that your lab uses Gentoo for
7 their servers. Nevertheless it would be great if you could tell us a little
8 about your lab's experience with updates, which seems to be the only issue
9 when using Gentoo on a server.
10 Another thing i noticed is that some of you recommend to have a secondary
11 server to perform tests, i totally agree with this. Unfortunately i do not
12 think that having such thing will be possible since the server will be
13 charged to a client and i do not think they will agree to buy a second
14 server (even if its the right thing to do, which i believe so), in such
15 case, would you still recommend Gentoo?.
16
17 Again, thanks to everybody for the information.
18