From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Module names???
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:47:38
1 Hi all,
2 A simple question, where do I find out modules names? I've currently
3 got menconfig loaded and trying to decide as to whether to go static or
4 module. My problem is that I can't find the names of the modules for
5 most of the options hence how do I know what to load if it is a module.
6 For exmaple, if I want to use the XFS file system, in the menuconfig
7 help it says:
8
9 ... choose M here; the module will be called xfs...
10
11 Conversly if I want to use AES encryption there is nothing in the help
12 that tells me what the module name will be.
13
14 If anyone can inform me where I can find these module names, it would
15 be greatly appreciated. I don't know why they aren't all placed in the
16 help in the first place.
17
18 Regards,
19 Andrew