From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problem after upgrading postgresql
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 18:11:19
1 On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:57:27 -0400,
2 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2017-07-03 07:59, John Covici wrote:
5 >
6 > > So the problem seems to be that postgresql is not logging anything at
7 > > all, so the log goes to standard output
8 >
9 > I don't see the causal connection here.
10 >
11 > > which in this case is the console becauuse its systemd.
12 >
13 > Also, I hate systemd but even I don't believe that it cannot be
14 > configured to not spew logs to the console.
15
16 The service file says the logs go to the console until the log
17 functions of postgresql have started, which seems sensible to me. The
18 problem is that such functions never start.
19
20 Downgrading from 9.6.3-r1 to 9.6.3 fixes the problem, so maybe I will
21 either file a bug or wait till next version.
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici