From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][SOLVED] Thunderbird 2.0.0.23: Incorrect date format.
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 01:01:18
1 Neil Walker wrote:
2 > John H. Moe wrote:
3 >
4 >> Neil Walker wrote:
7 >>> Setting LANG in /etc/env.d/02locale works for me.
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >> Is this the "Gentoo" way of setting this?
13 > Yes, of course it is.
16 >> I've always used .bashrc to
17 >> set up LANG and LC_ALL
20 > The only difference there is that .bashrc is per-user whereas
21 > /etc/env.d/02locale
22 > is global. On most systems, setting globally probably makes more sense.
25 > Be lucky,
26 >
27 > Neil
28 > http://www.the-workathome.com
33 All sorted using the global setting /etc/env.d/02locale. This file was
34 not already on my system so I made it with nano. I then placed the
35 following details into the file:
36
37 LANG="en_AU.UTF-8"
38 LC_COLLATE="C"
39
40 For those who have the same issue, you can follow the procedures:
41 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml?style=printable