From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screwed up swap while trying to get hibernate working; help
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:13:32
1 On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Joshua Murphy wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Iain Buchanan<iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
5 >> wrote:
6 >
7 >> I stand quite humbly corrected... this is what I get for leaving my
8 >> old desktop running 24/7 unless kernel changes or power outtages
9 >> interrupted. Now with my playing Combat Arms... and being limited to
10 >> Windows for that... I may well resort to setting up hibernating for my
11 >> system... finally. Great to know the details better now! (and my
12 >> apologies for the misinformation)
13 >
14 > np, I've done much worse in the past...
15 >
16 > Hibernate is also great for rebooting to windows for games: hibernate linux
17 > - boot windows - restart - resume linux! Just make sure you have
18 > Unmout vfat ntfs
19 > and whatever else windows can mount in your common.conf
22 > --
23 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
24 >
25 > Stealing a rhinoceros should not be attempted lightly.
26
27 I'll actually have it unmounting my 500GB xfs storage drive and
28 killing mpd to do it ... colinux in windows (running Gentoo,
29 obviously), samba, and winamp... I've gone without my music far too
30 much in the past, it won't be happening again if I can help it. :-P
31 ... I do simply hibernate windows most of the time, though... so I'll
32 need to come up with something to go through unmounting that storage
33 from the colinux side on hibernate, and picking it back up when it
34 comes back up...
37 Poison [BLX]
38 Joshua M. Murphy