From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen / tmux wierdness
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 04:23:08
1 2014-10-05 20:26 GMT-06:00 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have two computers: A small embedded system (beaglebone black)
5 > running Gentoo with commandline interface and my PC running Gentoo
6 > with X and using urxvt for commandline actions.
7 >
8 > On both TERM is set to
9 > xterm-256color
10 > and both are using zsh as shell.
11 >
12 > On the beaglebone black I cannot use tmux because C-b is not
13 > recognized as command prefix.
14 Change it to C-a then, I use that with tmux, this is what I have in my
15 .tmux.conf for that
16
17 unbind C-b
18 set -g prefix C-a
19
20 And if you sometimes nest a tmux in another tmux, say you have your
21 local computer tmux open and you ssh into another box in a tmux
22 window, then attach a remote tmux session to that window, you can send
23 the prefix key to the remote tmux using 'C-a a', this means to tmux
24 'send C-a to the program inside this window', this is also useful if
25 for some reason you have another program that uses the combination C-a
26 (or C-b for default configuration).
27
28 > On the PC I cannot use screen because C-a is not
29 > recognized as command prefix.
30 >
31 > I would like to have the choice on both system what terminal
32 > multiplexer to use.
33 >
34 I would say you only need tmux, it is superior, but that is personal choice.
37 > What can cause this weird behaviour? How can I fix it?
41 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
42 > Best regards,
43 > mcc