From: Dan Egli <dan@×××××××××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] logins controlled via Samba AD DC - what did I miss?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 05:45:55
1 Hi people. I need a bit of help. I am trying to establish a Samba AD
2 domain for purposes of central authentication and printer sharing with
3 Windows and Linux hosts. I went through and managed to get the Domain
4 created, and I can even talk to the AD DC from another Linux box using
5 getent and wbtool and such. So I edited /etc/nsswitch and add winbind to
6 the passwd and group lines. Winbind is running, but I still can't login
7 as a domain-only user, even though all the mappings are there. I'm sure
8 I missed something, but I have no idea what.
9
10 Any help is REALLY appreciated.