From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chroot problem
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 10:07:06
1 On Thursday 29 May 2008 10:50:59 tecnic5@××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Wolf Canis <wolf.canis@××××××××××.com>
3 > > Only for verification, have you under /mnt/rescue /bin/bash?
4 > > Or with other words have this /mnt/rescue/bin/bash?
5 > > And with the appropriate permissions?
6
7 Yes, I said so the first time.
8
9 > > W. Canis
10 >
11 > Just in case, you'll also need proper permissions for /mnt/rescue/lib and
12 > libraries inside there. Bash dinamically loads libraries, so the user
13 > running it must have execution perms over invoked libraries.
14 >
15 > That puzzled me for two weeks till I finally fixed it last saturday :-P
16
17 No, that isn't it either. I'm doing everything as root, as one would when
18 installing or repairing the system. I never have got chrooting working as
19 an ordinary user.
20
21 I installed both the rescue system and the main system from the current
22 installation CD, whichever that was - 2007.1, I think. In each case, I
23 continued the installation to build the system I wanted: KDE on the main
24 system and only a few tools on the rescue system. I didn't mess about with
25 essential system components like bash.
26
27 Is it possible that chrooting from one bash version to another is my
28 problem? I think they're the same, and it'll take me some time to check.
29
30 Or maybe the problem is in the chroot function in the system I'm leaving.
33 Rgds
34 Peter
35 --
36 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list