From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg and transparency
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:44:40
1 Hello. I have been experimenting with xcomposite in xorg, to enable
2 transparency and other effects.
3 I added this to xorg.conf:
4
5 Section "Extensions"
6 Option "Composite" "Enable"
7 EndSection
8
9 and this under the Device section:
10 Option "RenderAccel" "true"
11 Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
12
13 Things are working fine. I can now call on xcompmgr and transset to enable
14 transparency on windows. However, things are incredibly slow. Only effect
15 that doesn't seem to cause a slowdown are the shadows and menu fading. All
16 the rest, pretty slow.
17 I'm running gnome 2.12 (with metacity), xorg-x11 6.8.2-r5, and nvidia
18 drivers (7676).
19 GLX seems to be working fine (I can run glxgears in composite enabled
20 server).
21 Also, I have experienced a few problems. Firefox window got fully
22 transparent somehow and I couldn't get it back. If I try to log out, the
23 dialog where it asks logout/restart/shutdown doesn't appear also.
24 gnome-panel goes to the back, and windows appear in front of them. Kinda
25 small bugs, but still bugs!
26 Has anyone managed to get it working fine and fast?
29 Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora | Email: bruno@×××××××.net
30 Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477
31 Rio de Janeiro - Brazil |