From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] * Boot (initramfs) .. does not continue
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:12:28
1 On Sat, 16 May 2009 13:33:04 +0200
2 Maximilian Bräutigam <max-braeu@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > could you please tell me, where to find these options in menuconfig,
5 > because if i'm compiling my kernel i use:
6 > genkernel --menuconfig all
7 >
8 > if you are thinking of the options in
9 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86+raid+lvm2-quickinstall.xml
10 > -- these are enabled.
11
12 Yes, I mean these options as well, but in recent kernels there's one
13 more flag in "Multi-dev" section that's missing in the guide:
14 "Autodetect RAID arrays during kernel boot".
15 Obviously, it should be set if you want to boot from mdraid.
16
17 Device Drivers --->
18 [*] Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM) --->
19 <*> RAID support
20 [*] Autodetect RAID arrays during kernel boot
21 <*> RAID-1 (mirroring) mode
22
23 But that's not all the prequesites, since you also need a device
24 and fs driver compiled in.
25
26 It might look like this (but the hardware and/or fs is probably
27 different in your case):
28
29 Device Drivers --->
30
31 SCSI device support ---> (RAID settings here is not for sw raid)
32 -*- SCSI device support
33 <*> SCSI disk support
34
35 <*> Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers --->
36 <*> AHCI SATA support
37 [*] ATA SFF support
38 <*> Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA/SATA support
39
40 File systems --->
41 <*> The Extended 4 (ext4) filesystem
44 > by the way, if i'm booting w/o the initrd, i get a kernel panic because
45 > he is not able to mount/find the raid system -- something with
46 > "superblock not found".
49 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net