From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reproducible Installation Lists?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:12:19
1 On 26/02/2022 13:20, Ramces Tampo-og Red wrote:
2 >> This is the page which explains how to build binary packages on one host and
3 >> then install them on other PCs, without having to re-complile/rebuild them
4 >> from source:
5 >>
6 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
7 >>
8 >> It saves a lot of time, especially if you want to update slower machines.
9 > Thanks! I've been thinking of doing something like this too or probably
10 > distcc. But yeah, I'll check this out.
11
12 Ummm ...
13
14 I notice it requires portage 3.0.31.
15
16 My system (updated last week) is on 3.0.30. So it's VERY new, I presume ...
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol