From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Noteworthy change in the way Chrome logs in
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:59:43
1 On Monday, 24 September 2018 13:47:05 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > > On 2018-09-24, at 06:29, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Unless I understood this wrong, 'Google Chrome' will not be able to
6 > > perform
7 > > this (dis)service, unless you have enabled the "Offer to save passwords"
8 > > feature AND|OR you use Chrome to sign in to an Alphabet related website.
9 >
10 > This is not necessarily true because AFAIK it works by taking the session
11 > generated from within Google's main sign on page and applying that session
12 > to the browser.
13 > > Is Chromium also affected by this?
14 >
15 > Yes.
16
17 :-(
18
19 This is worse than I expected. OK, therefore never signing into Google's
20 systems with Chromium is the only way to stop this invasion of privacy.
21 Thankfully, we still have Firefox. ;-)
22
23 I assume closing the browser terminates the session and login, both in the
24 browser and in the Google websites.
27 Regards,
28 Mick