From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router.
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:28:29
1 Isn't windows fun <G>. Someone has a sense of humor. In my new assignment I am now the Administrator for Windows servers and SQL Servers! I asked it that was because a) no one else wanted windows (we're AIX/Linux/Netware) and b) I was low man on the totem pole. The answer was jokingly yes - plus I've worked with Windows before (guess my resume had to much info on it!). Well I do get to run Linux here and at home.
4 > From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
5 > Date: 2006/01/25 Wed PM 02:36:51 EST
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: XP laptop crashes Linsys router.
8 >
9 > On Wednesday 25 January 2006 13:42, a tiny voice compelled
10 > brettholcomb@×××××××××.net to write:
11 > > Recheck (I assume you've checked it already <G>) his network settings. He
12 > > may have a bad card. Can you setup a network trace/sniffer on your linux
13 > > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
14 >
15 > I played a bit with his laptop (damn it's a bi**h to do anything with winders)
16 > and found that "Internet Connection Sharing" was enabled. I disabled same and
17 > it seems to have done the trick. My God! I fealt like a noobie trying to
18 > fumble my way around that thing. Is there no way of restarting the network on
19 > XP?
20 > --
21 > Regards, Ernie
22 > --