From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix-test-obsolete
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 23:20:24
1 On 26/03/2017 23:14, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I'm in a process of clean-up my packages.
3 > Running: eix-test-obsolete
4 >
5 > Shows a lot of valuable information, but I can not decode entries in:
6 >
7 > Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):
8 > ...
9 > example
10 > [?] app-editors/nano (2.6.3@03/25/2017 -> 2.3.1-r2): GNU GPL'd Pico clone with more functionality
11 >
12 > I've nano-2.6.3 installed. What does the "-> 2.3.1-r2" indicates?
17 Oh come on Thelma, really?
20 Did you even bother to read the eix man page? This is getting tiresome.
21 Please just stop it, gentoo-user is not your personal Google clone or a
22 quasi-brain you can tap for any answer without doing some thinking of
23 your own
24
25 A simple eix nano would have told you everything:
26
27 It's in section "installed packages not in database"
28 Latest stable nano is 2.6.3. You have 2.3.1-r2
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com