From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] march=k8 for AthlonX2?
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 15:46:21
1 On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > That surprises me Neil. It seems more 'automatic' than a nuts & bolt
5 > > guy such as you might choose.
9 > Well, it seems to do a pretty good job and, with 14 machines with a mix of
10 > Intel and AMD processors, it makes maintenance a lot more straightforward.
11 > In the past, I spent a lot of time fiddling around with processor/compiler
12 > flags only to find that most have little to no noticeable effect in the real
13 > world. ;)
14
15 > Be lucky,
16 >
17 > Neil
18
19 Hey, I ain't pickin' on ya! Makes perfect sense, especially with so
20 many machines. I was just surprised.
21
22 Thanks for the info,
23 Mark