From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync and glsa-check from cron
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:26:41
1 On Tuesday 19 June 2007 17:18:45 Nick wrote:
2 > So, I'm planning to run "sudo emerge --sync" and "sudo glsa-check -f
3 > new" from a cron job, perhaps once a week.
4 >
5 > I can set up the sudoers part all fine, but is there anything I
6 > should watch out for / consider when running these maintenance tools
7 > from a cron job?
8
9 Not these two, they shouldn't depend significantly on your environment
10 variables. Just make sure you are in the right group to run cron jobs.
13 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
14 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
15 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
16 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/