From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDM problem
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:33:32
1 On Dienstag 21 Juli 2009, Hung Dang wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > For some reason I could not start kde4 on my laptop. Everything is fine
4 > and when I try to log into my account using the kdm log in window it
5 > will log in for a second then get back to kdm window. Here is the
6 > content of ~/.xsession-errors
7 >
8 > Warning: Cannot convert string "12x24" to type FontStruct
9 > Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
10 > X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
11 > X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
12 >
13 > Does anyone know what is going on with my kde4 session? I have installed
14 > KDE-4.2.4 and Xorg-server 1.6.2-r1 on my laptop.
15 >
16 > Thanks
17 > Hung
18
19 ok, there is nothing in Xorg.0.log and your xorg.conf is ok too.
20
21 You can either check kdm.log now - or start checking permissions for /tmp
22 /var/tmp and the kde related directories in /usr/share.