From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 16:05:39
1 On Sunday 17 May 2015 10:09:11 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 --->8
3 > Most people using openrc are also using systemd-udev (and there is a
4 > good chance you do too). The latter was previously named udev and
5 > long predates what most people call systemd. Eudev is a fork of udev,
6 > which comes from after it came under the systemd umbrella, but before
7 > the name change and a number of changes that were controversial. I
8 > believe they try to incorporate many of the patches from systemd-udev
9 > but some default behaviors are different.
10 >
11 > In any case, I just wanted to clarify that systemd-udev is not the
12 > "systemd" you're probably thinking of. In particular, it doesn't
13 > replace openrc or sysvinit. Systemd-udev largely is concerned with
14 > populating /dev, and running initialization of hardware when it is
15 > detected, based on a configurable set of rules.
16
17 Thanks for the clarification. I admit I haven't kept up with developments here.
18
19 > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>