From: Carlos <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ivman alters /dev/null permissions
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:03:50
1 Hi fellow gentoo users,
2
3 I'm not sure if there are many of you that use ivman to automount devices, but I recently started to use it and had /dev/null permissions change to 0600.
4
5 This broke X login sessions for non root users:
6
7 -bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
8
9 The two entries that appear to be responsible for this behaviour are:
10
11 IvmConfigActions.xml: <ivm:Option name="checkOnInit" value="false" />
12 IvmConfigProperties.xml: <ivm:Option name="checkOnInit" value="false" />
13 (note: these were set to "true", but I've changed them to false")
14
15 I don't understand ivman or udev rules well enough to explain why this behaviour occurs, however, hopefully this post will be some use to others.
16
17 Regards,
18 Carlos
19 --
20 GMX Kostenlose Spiele: Einfach online spielen und Spaß haben mit Pastry Passion!
21 http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free/puzzle/6169196