From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 01:55:09
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I got a link to this:
5 >
6 > http://www.worldipv6day.org/
7 >
8 > From there, there is a link to test whether the new IPv6 works on my
9 > system and between me and the reat of the world. It appears I am not
10 > ready. It complained about the DNS server for the most part. Funny
11 > thing is, I use googles DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the
12 > settings. I find it ironic that Google is one of the ones hosting
13 > this event and it appears their server is not ready. Makes me think.
14 > < Dale scratches chin a bit >
15 >
16 > Should I have the USE flag ipv6 enabled or should I leave it off for
17 > now? If so, anyone had any trouble with it or is this a trivial change?
18 >
19 > Thanks much.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-)
27 Actually, it is enabled already. Here is its complaint list:
28
29 Test with IPv6 DNS record
30 bad (0.261s)
31
32 Test IPv6 without DNS
33 bad (0.003s)
34
35 Test IPv6 large packet
36 bad (0.238s)
37
38 Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6
39 timeout (15.014s)
40
41 Is there anything I need to change here to get everything ready or is it
42 beyond our control anyway?
43
44 Dale
45