From: Andrey Moshbear <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkisofs: layout
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:49:10
1 On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 05:02, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Andrey Moshbear <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> If there a way to force mkisofs to add padding after sector N so that
6 >> the resultin image can be burned as a double layer with no files that
7 >> reside partially on one and partially on the other layer?
8 >
9 > Did you read the mkisofs man page?
10
11 I did. The closest thing that was available was -dvd-video, but it
12 pads all files, not just ones around a layerbreak.
13 -pad only pads the end of the image.
16 > Why do you believe there is a problem?
19 Cdrecord burns DVD+-R DL in PTP mode, so it's going to be inefficient
20 in terms of I/O if there's a file that's halfway on
21 one layer and halfway on the other. Were there padding or a dummy
22 file, this would not be an issue.
23
24 Hence, the asking about introducing padding around a layerbreak area.