From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: libtool 2.x upgrade
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:04:00
On 02/26/2010 03:15 AM, bn wrote:
> Hi, > > I have a stable x86 system that requires still a bit of updating, among > those libtool and gcc. Since I need the system to be usable *now* for > work reasons, I don't feel like updating gcc and rebuilding it all with > an emerge -e system / emerge -e world, but more and more packages want > to upgrade to libtool 2.x > > Is it safe to upgrade libtool without (1)rebuilding gcc too and > (2)rebuilding system/world?
I don't know, but for this type of scenario you are better off building binary packages of everything that need to be updated without actually installing any of it on the machine. At the end, when all binaries have been created by portage, you can install them in one go at a convenient point. Look up the "--buildpkgonly" option of emerge for this.