From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One hard drive much slower for some reason.
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:55:28
1 Robert Bridge wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Dale,
4 >
5 > > From the above, the reallocated sector count is fine, none of the disk
6 > seem to be having surface problems.
7 >
8 > The UDMA errors are MUCH higher for sdb, as is the power-on hours. It
9 > is claiming about 6 years powered on, which is a bit weird alright. If
10 > it is having to recover UDMA errors, it will be much slower to
11 > operate.
12 >
13 > Cheers,
14 > RobbieAB
19 The powered on hours is most likely about right. I rarely turn my
20 machine off. That drive is about that old too. I don't always have it
21 mounted but it is a pain to remove so I just left it in there in case I
22 needed it.
23
24 Dale
25