From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone seeing tons of build errors while compiling sys-devel/autogen ?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 12:23:10
1 Em qua., 27 de mai. de 2020 às 00:04, Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
2 escreveu:
3
4 > On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:31:57PM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
5 > > Just to make sure this ain't purely local: while building
6 > > sys-devel/autogen, the build process shows a lot (really) of error
7 > messages
8 > > from the compiler.
9 > >
10 > > Is there anyone seeing something like this?
11 >
12 > Which version of autogen ? Are these build errors preventing the
13 > package from
14 > being installed, or are they merely errors ? The fact you are seeing a
15 > lot of
16 > them suggests they're not fatal. Building 5.18.16-r1 with
17 > {-libopts and
18 > -static-libs}, I get a few warnings on amd64, but nothing I would
19 > interpret as
20 > severely unusual.
21 >
22 > The build script is attached.
23 >
24 > --
25 >
26 > Ashley Dixon
27 > suugaku.co.uk
28 >
29 > 2A9A 4117
30 > DA96 D18A
31 > 8A7B B0D2
32 > A30E BF25
33 > F290 A8AA
36 Thank you for your reply, Ashley.
37
38 In fact they are really errors, not warnings. It doesn't build to the end.
39 But that's something weird, the compilation don't stop at the first error.
40
41 Here is the set of files recommended in such cases, including the build
42 log, environment, etc.:
43
44 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1puc5-tj1a1-joQ0dDiL5ls17BOjjhwzh - they
45 are just plain text files, just the build log contains escape characters to
46 show colors in a terminal.
47
48 I suppose I should fill out a bug report.
49
50 Thank you all for viewing
51 Francisco