From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:55:25
1 On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:42:09 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 12 September 2008 02:51:21 Dale wrote:
5 > > Get a Yahoo email account and pay for POP access, about $20.00 a
6 > > year I think.  I think this will make it so that I never have to
7 > > change email addresses when I switch ISPs and will get the same
8 > > service regardless of who I connect to the internet with in the
9 > > future.  This is a long term fix to my email switching issue.
10 >
11 > Use Gmail rather. It's cheaper - can't get cheaper than free - and
12 > just works better. Plus their anti-spam measures are very very good.
13 > I get about 1000 spams a month and average about 2 or 3 false
14 > positives and false negatives a month.
15
16 I second the Gmail suggestion, though Yahoo does provide free POP
17 access as it happens (I have it).
18
19 My logic for seconding the suggestion is I have recently experienced
20 e-mails from my server going missing after entering the Yahoo system.
21 They are the ONLY email provider where this has happened to me.
22
23 Just my 2 cents,
24 Rob.