From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pvcreate on a dmraid device
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:41:29
1 Dan Johansson wrote:
2
3 >I'm trying to setup a new Linux-server with an on board RAID-controller
4 >(Promise PDC20265 FastTrak100 Lite/Ultra100). Now everything goes well until
5 >I try to do a pvcreate on one of the raid-partitions, this is the output I
6 >get:
7 ># pvcreate /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf4
8 > Device /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf4 not found.
9 >
10 >But the device-file is there (along with the other partitions).
11 >
12 ># ll /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf*
13 >brw------- 1 root root 253, 7 Nov 4 18:22 /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf
14 >brw------- 1 root root 253, 8 Nov 4 18:22 /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf1
15 >brw------- 1 root root 253, 9 Nov 4 18:22 /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf2
16 >brw------- 1 root root 253, 10 Nov 4 18:22 /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf3
17 >brw------- 1 root root 253, 11 Nov 4 18:22 /dev/mapper/pdc_edcfibbf4
21 I suspect the devices are being filtered. Take a look at
22 /etc/lvm/lvm.conf, and try running pvcreate with "-vv" to see how it is
23 probing the devices. You might need to add a 'filter = [ a/pdc_*/" ]'
24 option to lvm.conf.
25
26 -Richard
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list