From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE starts and runs slowly
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:11:27
1 On 1/29/06, Korondi Márk <korondi.mark@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone
3 >
4 > Yesterday I reinstalled gentoo, because I'd made the filesystem dirty (always
5 > used sudo, and installed programs not in portage randomly...) and I want a
6 > new, clean system.
7
8 With Gentoo there is almost always an easier way than
9 re-installing...but too late for that now.
10
11 > I install new kde (3.5.0), but there is a problem:
12 > While other programs - firefox, gftp, bittorrent - run fine, all of my
13 > programs using some kdelib or ,if I'm right, DCOP start slowly, and after
14 > starting cannot run fine.
15 > For example: KDE starts up slower than in the previous installation. Then I
16 > pick konqueror, it takes 2-3 secs. to start. Then I close, and re-exec it.
17 > 2-3 secs again (where is the cache?). BUT: KHTML starts to render the page,
18 > it hangs for 2 seconds, then begin to load. hmmm... Clicking refresh causes
19 > the same.
20
21 Might be a prelinking issue...do you set KDE_IS_PRELINKED? And if so,
22 is it really pre-linked?
23
24 Running strace with the -tt option can also give you an idea of what
25 the KDE application is doing during that 2-3 second delay.
26
27 -Richard
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list