From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Resetting USB flash
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:34:16
1 On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is there some cryptic hdparm command I could run on it to reset it? I mean,
3 > it's bricked as is anyway, so it can't get *much* worse.
4
5 "hdparm -z /dev/sdX" will force kernel to re-read the partition table,
6 which should be the same that happens when you plug it in, but maybe
7 it'll help... I had a SD card that I had to issue that command every
8 time I plugged it in, the first read always failed.
9
10 Otherwise, Transcend have a recovery utility (for Windows) that claims
11 it can recover some dead flash drives. Might be worth a try if you
12 have access to Windows box or a virtual machine:
13
14 http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/online_recovery_2.asp
15
16 Good luck.