From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 13:53:09
1 On 01/03/18 10:33, Roger Cahn wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > For my birthday (!) my children want to offer me a multifunction
5 > printer, copier.
6 >
7 > I ask you for an idea which one they could buy.
8 >
9 > For example: Multifonction A3 HP Officejet Pro 7612
10 >
11 > -gentoo amd64 compatible
12 >
13 > -inkjet color (4colors)
14 >
15 > -ethernet
16 >
17 I use these people
18
19 https://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/?sct=printerdeals
20
21 As you're in France it shouldn't be a problem, just watch for the
22 currency conversion. They've been about for years dealing in refurbished
23 kit, although I think these printers are new.
24
25 All our lasers have been Dell, and there's been minimal problems with
26 them. Our current one is the Dell 1765 multi-function, which isn't on
27 the list :-( I think our current printers are the 4th and 5th we've had
28 from them.
29
30 HPs and Epsons are allegedly linux-friendly.
31
32 One thing to look out for - do you do a lot of scanning? One of the
33 reasons I like the Dells is that they have what I call "push scanning" -
34 configure them to connect via Samba, then you can put the original in
35 the feeder, select "scan" on the front panel, and the scan appears
36 automagically on the computer. With both HP and Epson, you usually have
37 to put the document in the scanner, then go to the computer and run the
38 scan software. A pain in the arse.
39
40 Cheers,
41 Wol