From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] User mounting
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:14:09
1 On Thursday 16 March 2006 19:48, JimD wrote:
2 > Do I need to do anything special to let users (me) mount an cifs
3 > share?  I don't want to have to use sudo all the time.  I can
4 > mount/umount /mnt/cdrom without sudo.  Here is my /etc/fstab entry:
5 >
6 > //kaleb/C$  /mnt/kaleb  cifs
7 > defaults,noauto,user,credentials=/etc/samba/kaleb.conf,gid=100,file_mode=06
8 >60,dir_mode=0770 0 0
9
10 It's the user option.
11 user lets any normal user mount it, but no-one else unmount it.
12 users does the same, but lets a normal user other than the one which mounted
13 it, to unmount it.
14
15 man mount
16 for more info.