From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card is only usable by one application at a time
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:58:54
1 On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:51:35 +0200, Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > hmmm. I've managed to focus the problem: Some programs try to access
3 > to sound device called "hw:0,0" and there for do not allow it to be
4 > shared. MPD was one of them, and when I changed the setting in
5 > mpd.conf to using "default" it works. The flash player, though, still
6 > tries to access the hardware directly. I'm not sure how to reconfigure
7 > it. I'm using the adobe player.
8 > Can anyone think of away of making all programs use "default" sound
9 > output rather than "hw:0,0"?
10 > Should I report that as a bug to the mpd package maintainer, that the
11 > default setting try to access the sound device directly?
12
13 Couple of questions: did you try removing whatever customizations you have
14 done in ~/.asoundrc? If so, try to move that file elsewhere and see.
15
16 Do you have more than one sound chip? If you have an embedded sound chip
17 in your motherboard that you are not using for anything try disabling it in
18 your BIOS setup.
21 Jesús Guerrero