From: hb-xxl@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Portage profile override
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:03:14
1 On 21.02.2010 20:07, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2 >
3 > Have you tried making an ebuild for 1.16 and putting it in /usr/local/portage
4 > directory?
5 >
6 > That way you won't be fighting with portage about what version to install.
7 >
8 No. I'm fairly new to gentoo and the ebuild system. Currently I don't
9 know much about creating ebuilds. Is there anywhere a specification of
10 those ebuild files? ... but it wouldn't either be easy to create a
11 special ebuild for my installation, because I don't do a normal busybox
12 build/installation. I'm throwing in several source modifications to
13 busybox and I do a completely different installation (e.g. naming and
14 placement of the files in the destination system). In addition I'm
15 trying and working with daily snapshots of busybox (from time to time).