From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto get nvidia serial ATA with DMA running
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:46:26
1 Hello Volker,
2
3 * Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> [17-04-07 10:11]:
4 > which is correct. You don't set dma for SATA devices and you don't do it with
5 > hdparm.
6
7 ah ok, thx for that information.
8 But I have a problem. If I copy some data on disks the system is at a
9 very high load and extremely slow (load at 2.5).
10
11 If I record movies with VDR every recording is damaged (distortions).
12
13 So I thought it is a problem of missing DMA.
14
15 Is the SATA driver so bad and produces a such high CPU load?
16
17 Best regards,
18 Matthias
22 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
23 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
24 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
25 Rich Cook
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list