From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python - !!! Failed to complete python imports.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 03:32:53
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2 > On 10/27/05, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>Already tried that. I get the same error.
7 > A stage1 tarball will contain a working copy of python and portage,
8 > probably a fairly dated version tho.
9 >
10 > Backup your files carefully, and give that a try?
13 Good idea, Maybe getting the stage and extracting it in a temporary
14 folder will work. Then you could just copy over the files that you need.
15
16 It's better than my idea of just finding python sources online and
17 manually compiling it.
18
19 ' PaulNM
20 --