From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound with Virtual Channels
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:37:19
1 > Does anyone know what I can do to achieve the same effect in gentoo
2 > that I get when using "sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4" in FreeBSD,
3 > thereby allowing 4 virtual channels for my dsp device, and stopping
4 > those annoying "Device in use" errors when trying to open 2 or more
5 > sound related programs.
6 >
7 > I have searched the mailing lists, google and the forums and have
8 > found nothing.
9 >
10 > I am using Gentoo 2005.0 + esound
11
12 Recent ALSA versions do softwaremixing using the DMIX plugin per
13 default. Older versions can do it by creating an soundrc file.
14
15 Unfortunately this does not help with legacy applications which still
16 use OSS or the ALSA OSS emulation - like Skype or Realplayer do :( .
19 Best regards
22 ce
26 »Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen« (Helmut Schmidt)
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list