From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:44:33
1 On Sunday 31 October 2010 13:29:20 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > On Sunday 31 October 2010 10:05:15 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > >> On Sunday 31 October 2010 09:34:25 Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > >> > All my calendars (electronic and dead-tree) tell me that daylight
6 > >> > savings switches at the END of today not at the beginning
7 > >>
8 > >> That's not true in the UK: the switch is done at 02:00 on the Sunday. My
9 > >> Gentoo and Ubuntu boxes have switched to GMT correctly this morning, and
10 > >> so has the radio-synchronised clock on the kitchen wall.
11 > >>
12 > >> I think Mick does have a problem in his Gentoo setup.
13 > >>
14 > > :-(
15 > >
16 > > Thanks Peter, do you dual boot with MSWindows?
17 > >
18 > > I've noticed this problem on two different boxen, both of them dual boot
19 > > with MSWindows. A Gentoo only box of mine switched over to winter time
20 > > correctly - so it must be my dual boot set up that is causing this
21 > > problem.
22 >
23 > It is a problem caused by the settings needed for Linux to live with
24 > Windows on the same computer.
25
26 Is there a fix? I thought that the setting of CLOCK="local" in
27 /etc/conf.d/clock was to address the problem of having to dual boot with
28 MSWindows.
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick