From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:50:22
1 On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:35:08 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > it took about two days
4 > > > straight to download all the files at 2.8K over
5 > > the phone line!
6 > >
7 > > What sort of modem are you using, an acoustic
8 > > coupler? !!! ;-)
9 >
10 > I live in the boonies at the end of an eight mile
11 > phone line. No broadband yet.
12
13 I'd still expect you to get around ten times that speed :)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Scientists decode the first confirmed alien transmission from outer space
20 ...
21 "This really works! Just send 5*10^50 H atoms to each of the five star
22 systems listed below. Then, add your own system to the top of the list,
23 delete the system at the bottom, and send out copies of this message to
24 100 other solar systems. If you follow these instructions, within 0.25 of
25 a galactic rotation you are guaranteed to receive enough hydrogen in
26 return to power your civilization until entropy reaches its maximum!"